The IRS has released the 2018 W-4 Form and updated the withholding calculator to help you determine the appropriate allowances for the 2018 tax year. The IRS recommends checking your withholdings if one of the following pertains to you:
- Families with more than one earner
- Those with two or more jobs at the same time or who only work for part of the year
- Those with children who claim credits such as the Child Tax Credit
- Those with older dependents, including children age 17 or older
- Those who itemized deductions in 2017
- Those with high incomes and more complex tax returns
This new form will be available this Saturday, March 17 in Web Pay. It will be updated in Onboarding on Tuesday, March 27.
Paylocity cannot provide tax advice or advise on tax withholdings. Please speak to your tax advisor if you have questions about how the new form may affect you. However, if you have questions about updating your withholdings with Paylocity, contact your Account Manager.